Monday, November 7, 2011

Surrendering to the mystery... there is so much more space.



I was doing the dishes the other day when the urge suddenly came over me to move the old wicker rocking-chair from the backyard to the front of the house.

I dried my hands, grabbed the rocker and moments later was placing the chair on the front porch. Somewhere floating softly inside my head was the thought; "does this really have to happen right now?" "Why"? "Don't know".....

I'm learning to trust these movements....these urges arising out of nowhere.

Standing a few feet away in the middle of the street was a middle aged woman I'd never seen before. I remember her golden hair shimmering like a halo in the morning sun.

Lightly I asked, "so what do you think" pointing toward the chair. We both stood silently for a moment, chins in hands pondering the new look. "I like it" she said. "It makes the whole house look more welcoming."

From this simple conversation, other more personal subjects emerged. It turns out my new friend has MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and has some difficulty walking and using her hands. I put my arm out, she sweetly laid her hand in mine, and silently we began walking back toward her home. We sat for a while in her old weathered beach chairs looking out at the sun over the Pacific.

Such sweetness this is. Just meeting another person, a total stranger one moment, and the next we're walking arm in arm?

Thank you God, spirit, Shiva, for this Grace....this heart opening. Living more from the unknown. More from love than from fear.

Within fifteen minutes, my world is suddenly wider, more beautiful. I now have a new friend and.... beach front property!

My housemates and I have been invited to come and enjoy the beautiful landscaped grounds and ocean views anytime.

My new friend simply said with a look of bemused wonder "what...do you think we could ever own this view?"

Ahhhh.....Maha Dev, Maha Dev

Love to All,

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...